If your website has been around for a while now, and you’ve found your conversion rate and lead generation are lacking, you’ve probably wondered what’s going on and wondered why your site isn’t generating any traffic. If you’ve Google’d terms like “how to get more website traffic”, the term SEO will show up on just about every link populated on the first page of your search.
Tons of variables play a role in your online ranking, and it doesn’t help that each year Google applies more than 500 changes to their algorithm (thanks, Google). It would take an SEO magician to stay on top of all of the adjustments in enough time to maintain optimal placement on the search engines at every moment. But fear not! There are some tricks of the trade that can help you manage your SEO without needing to be a guru.
Here are ways to help you increase your rankings:
- You must consistently post new and original content to your website. Be it a new blog post, web copy, product descriptions, or perhaps even a free eBook. We know you’ve heard this before, but are you making it happen? Yes, it takes some time, but it’s an important one.
- Your URLs must reflect whatever keywords you’re looking to optimize. So before adding a title to anything, first calculate what keywords your target audience may use when looking it up on Google.
- If you have duplicate content on your website, remove it immediately. You want viewers to be able to share your product pages and blog posts on their social media channels.
- Use the social sharing buttons anywhere you’re able to and not just on your blog. Ideally, you should also have the share buttons displayed on your products pages as well.
- Anything new that you post should also be published on a social bookmarking website like Stumbleupon and Digg.
- Create title tags that are operational by incorporating your target keywords.
- When you include links to another website anywhere on your site, make sure to choose sites that have a high ranking on the search engines. That goes for reference links you may include on blog posts too.
- Improve the way your content is structured on your website. That means the H1s, anchor text, and bolding.
- Don’t just publish content aimed towards keeping your ranking high on the search engines. Your content should be designed to engage your audience.
- Once you’ve applied the changes mentioned above, run a full audit scan to determine where any issues may exist.
These steps should be able to give your site a boost! Confused over overwhelmed by any of this? Drop us a line and let us help you get your site noticed!
SEO No To The Quo