You’re passionate about good design. When you see it, your face lights up like a Christmas tree. But if a brand uses Papyrus or God forbid, Comic Sans, you boycott their business and tell all your friends to do the same. When it comes to typography, you know how to find the perfect font that fits your client like a glove. When it comes to design, you can take minimal input and allow your creative juices to build something spectacular. You don’t require someone to spoon-feed you every detail of how a webpage is to be laid out, because you know the best way to do it after all.
While you have a penchant to think you’re the smartest person in the room, you still know how to take direction and receive feedback when a client surprisingly isn’t in love with what you did. You have tough skin and can handle the “client from hell” with tender care as if it was your grandma talking to you. You don’t back down from a challenge and love seeing your work on display.
Whether it be a WordPress website, a custom-drawn logo, or a brochure and business card, you can handle any task with speed and efficiency. You are an excellent communicator and work well on your own. You aren’t afraid to push the envelope with new ideas or ways of doing things because the status quo is boring. Working at a small agency is ideal for you because you like fast paced and demanding work, but also a fun and rewarding environment.
Please note: you DO need to live in Seattle, WA. While we know there is a lot of great talent out there, our rockstar happens to live in or near Seattle. So if that’s not you, please don’t apply.
– Wireframe mockups for websites
– Create stunning visuals and advertisements for social media sites
– Build email templates for web programs like MailChimp and AWeber
– Craft marketing collateral including, but not limited to brochures, flyers, business cards, envelopes, notecards, etc.
– Design logos based on client requests with ability to help client determine what they are looking for even when they can’t verbalize it
– 2+ years experience in web and graphic design
– Confident with WordPress HTML/CSS and able to setup and edit themes
– Proficient in Adobe creative suit products (primarily Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator)
– Able to meet deadlines consistently and strong communicator internally and with clients
Expect 10-15hrs per week as an average. There may be times hours could increase to 20+hrs per week. You will be able to work from home most of the week, with occasional request for client meetings. Pay will be based on experience with a pathway for bonuses and raises (range $20-28 per hour).
N2Q began in 2011 out of a kitchen in Kenmore, WA. If Google and Microsoft began in a garage, we’d like to think there’s great hope for us — at least, we’ll always be close to a turkey sandwich. Nevertheless, we are a creative marketing agency that helps businesses build an engaging presence online through web design, SEO, SEM, social media and branding.
We’ve had the privilege of working with large companies like Microsoft, Salesforce, Dell, Ford and Hyundai, but we also LOVE working with startups, pet stores, real estate agencies, neighborhood taphouses, and individuals who want an “agency approach” without the massive price tag or contracts.
Our passion is to constantly deliver results. We can’t stand status quo and pride ourselves in the quality and attention we provide our clients. If you’re ready to leave status quo behind, come join the N2Q team.
Fill out the form below and we’ll be in contact with you shortly:
Careers No To The Quo